This recipe started off as a quick dinner grab at the grocery store of a Home Chef meal. I loved it so much, minus the boring slaw, that I decided to make my own version of these tacos.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Bacon bits/crumbles (I prefer bacon crumbles from Costco)
- Green onion
- Cheddar jack shredded cheese
- Fajita or taco tortilla shells (or a cheese wrap if you're doing Keto)
- Ranch dressing seasoning (comes in a bulk seasoning shaker)
- Garlic salt (I love the Sprouts version)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces and fry until fully cooked. While cooking, sprinkle with ranch dressing seasoning & garlic salt—to taste. This is a matter of preference on your part depending on the flavors you prefer. Fry the bacon crumbles until they are crispy and add them in with the chicken to finish cooking together for a minute or two. Bacon flavoring for the win!
Use cooking scissors to cut up your green onion into small pieces. I like lots of green onion myself, but again, a personal preference on your part.
Mix up the sauce ingredients in a small bowl with a lid, and refrigerate the sauce for ideally 30 minutes or more. The longer it's in the fridge, the better it will taste as the seasonings begin to break down into the creamy mixture. Keep in mind, the sauce tastes strong when eating alone, but it's heavenly when in it's inside the tacos.
Compile your tacos as you see fit! Chicken breast, bacon, cheddar jack cheese, green onions and your own desired sauce amount!